Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Stand and Deliver
Students were rebellious and showed no respect for authority. The school does not reinforce authority over its students. Examples: Students rigged the bell timing and stole the teacher's radio. Second and third day, students seemed a little more engaged in class. The teacher started using humor and interactive dialogues to engage with his students. He understands that his students can achieve goals if given the right push. He believes in his students even when other faculty don't believe they can't acheive it. After a hard push, the teacher goes beyond and suggest summer school and schooling during the holiday. Some of the faculty did not agree with his belief because of the current situation. They believed that trying and failing the test would shatter their only self confidence they had. After continuous pressure and hard work, the students managed to pass the the exam. However, all the students happened to have the same average amount of multiple choices which forced an investigation over the matter to proceed. Most of the people assume that they did. I had mixed feelings about this part of the movie. During this investigation, I began to ask myself, "Did they really cheat?" I did not believe this to be true because I believe that hard work delivers results. If you stand, you deliver.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
O.k., great--but add more specific, detailed examples from the scenes to underscore your ideas.
ReplyDelete